WINNER OF RENOVATORS CHOICE AWARD!
Diamond Valley Custom Homes is Calgary’s Renovator’s Choice of the year! We are very thankful to BILD Calgary Region for the recognition of our Rocky Mountain Oasis home! It feels like an affirmation of a job well done, one that we were excited to build for the wonderful clients that gave us the opportunity.
The winners of the BILD Calgary Region Awards were announced on Saturday, April 13, 2019 at the annual BILD Calgary Region Awards Gala.
The Awards, now in their 32nd year, showcase the hard work and talent of the building industry. Over 1,100 guests gathered at the Telus Convention Centre to recognize those who have set standards and demonstrated achievements that have contributed to the prosperity and development of the Calgary Region.
“The BILD Calgary Region Awards Gala did not disappoint,” says Brian Hahn, CEO of BILD Calgary Region. “The Awards have the ability to bring our industry and community together to celebrate and recognize the best in a hugely competitive field where quality, design and innovation prevail in every way.”
A total of 717 entries were submitted this year by members competing for 64 awards in 14 different categories, all hoping they will be the ones taking home the coveted silver goose. This year, several categories were added including two GRAND BILD Awards.
CLICK HERE to see the full winners list, and congratulations to all the recipients and finalists!
GETTING READY FOR SPRING CHECKLIST
After a long, cold winter, spring’s bright sun and warm winds are, well, a breath of fresh air. The only downside? All that sunshine spotlights your leaf-filled gutters, cracked sidewalks and the dead plants in last year’s flower beds. Our home warranty provider, Progressive Home Warranty, shared this checklist to help you target the areas that need maintenance at the end of winter:
- -Clear snow from around your foundation
- -Make sure your downspouts are down and clear
- -Make sure your window wells are free from debris
- -Keep your garage floor and driveway as clear as possible of snow and ice
- -Replace your furnace filter as per the manufacturer’s instructions
- -Wash your HRV filters (if applicable)
- -Keep snow clear from around your roof vents if possible
- -Make sure melting ice on roof is clear to drain to the eavestroughs and down
- -Open your sump pail lid and ensure the float is free and operational
- -Ensure your sump discharge is clear and directed away from your foundation
- -Make sure rain and snow melt is free to run AWAY from your home
- -Examine the chimney and roof shingles
- -Inspect the concrete
- -Service the AC unit
- -Check outside faucets